February 1, 2009

Hey all you Sparklers out there!  I am so excited---I actually was able to sign onto our family blog!  (Thank you, Leslie for your wonderful tutorial!) 
Wow!  I love Sunday.  Today is such a beautiful winter day in Salt Lake City.  Merrill and I went for a walk early this morning.  We went on the "down walk", down Lincoln Lane past Olympus High school and up Olympus Drive.  On Lincoln we actually saw a Robin up in the tree, singing a beautiful song.  Then on Olympus Drive, we heard the 8:00 bird, you know the one on our clock in our kitchen that sings at 8:00.  It is called a Song Sparrow and it has always been my favorite bird on the clock.  I think Spring is actually going to arrive.  I hope you are all enjoying your Super Bowl Sunday.  Karen and Preston are coming for dinner.  I made chilli and Karen and Preston made squash soup.  Holly made hummus and cornbread for us.  And Merrill made a salad.  I don't think we will be even watching the game--maybe a minute of it.  I'm hoping that the half time this year will be more representative of our great nation.  A reflection of a little more humility in our time and of the renewed hope that we have seen with the inauguration.  Well, dinner is read and the Hayes kids are here, so I better run.  Sure do love you all.  I am so thankful to Heavenly Father all my greatest blessings (that is all of you!)  Love, Mom

1 comment:

  1. way to go, Mom! You are an official blogger. Sounds like a wonderful day. We enjoyed a choice of creamy potato soup or (left-over) taco soup. And some rolls. Happy Soup-er Bowl Sunday!

    ReplyDelete